Thursday, October 28, 2010

Top 5 reasons to visit Bali

Published: Thursday, Oct 28, 2010, 12:40 IST
By Prachi Kadam | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Fashion designer Mandira Wirk shares why her beach-side experience to this island destination made for a memorable time.

No boredom: I was in Bali for a couple of days and I could definitely see why people sometimes just don’t leave it. It is the type of place where you can honestly spend weeks and still have things to do and never be bored.

Surf, surf, surf: One of the first things I did when I got there was to scout around looking for a surf school. I was able to stand up after only a few tries and today I started catching some bigger waves and maneuvering a bit more.

Shopping: Besides the water fun, I did many fun things like shopping at flea markets. Bali has an awesome variety to offer. Silver jewellery, sarongs and other such things are value buys.

Food: Munching on some mouth-watering delicacies was also a major indulgence for me and I had a great time doing so here.
Meeting folks: The nightlife here is rocking. It is as anybody would want — wild and filled with fun and frolic. I was just sitting on the beach, and some teenagers just came up to me and started taking so many pictures! There was a rotation going on of people and cameras, it was hilarious!
http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report_top-5-reasons-to-visit-bali_1458910

No comments:

Post a Comment