Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ramya is all set for her Bali trip

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/77789/kannada-film-stars-join-league.html
Glamourous Network
Kannada film stars join the league of Tweeters
Megha Shenoy

Sandalwood stars are now speaking their mind and widening their social network through Twitter

Ramya is all set for her Bali trip, Chiranjeevi Sarja is looking forward to hanging out with his friends in Java City and namma Kiccha Sudeep prays that his latest film Mr Theertha does well for his producers.

All these are the latest tid-bits that have come straight from the celebrities’ mouths as tweets. The Twitter bug has not only bitten Bollywood celebrities but is fast spreading in Sandalwood as well. Thanks to the beauty and simplicity of micro-blogging, many actors and actresses enjoy widening their social network through Twitter.

But each one has their own reason for getting hooked. Chiranjeevi Sarja looks at Twitter as an open diary, where he confesses everything.

“Well, not exactly everything,” he laughs and adds, “It’s like my diary which I update everytime I am free. Initially, I found it difficult to get used to it but gradually I started enjoying it. Now I enjoy connecting with my friends and fans who follow me on Twitter,” he adds.

Not only do their fans follow the stars on Twitter, these stars too enjoy following some of their favourite actors. Ramya follows other actors like Dhanush, Allu Sirish and Dino Morea while Sudeep follows Amitabh Bachchan, Shatrughan Sinha, Salman Khan, Vivek Oberoi and others.

Risheeka Singh, a debutante actress, says that sites like Twitter helps her build contacts.
“As a newcomer, Twitter has helped me get in touch with a lot of my friends and build contacts in the industry.”

“The best part of Twitter is that it does not invade too much into your privacy, which is a lot less irritating. I also get a lot of feedback from people on what kind of movies I should sign on and roles I should look forward to, which is very sweet,” says Risheeka, who personally enjoys reading Shah Rukh Khan’s tweets.

Twitter is not only about the actors and their fans. In fact, there are also directors who make full use of the site. Director Raghuram, whose debut film Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu, is set to release shortly, says that the reason to get into social networking sites was to promote the film.

“I want to target various age groups and these sites are a perfect way to get hold of the young. Not only is it interactive but it also helps in getting the crowd familiar with the name of the film,” says Raghuram, who is still getting a hang of Twitter.

No doubt, there are still some actors who are apprehensive on entering Twitter. For Sharmila Mandre, the sole reason to enter a social networking site is to interact with fans on a personal level.

Though she is on Facebook, she admits that the Twitter fever has not yet caught on. “Somehow, I am still getting used to the whole feel of Facebook. There have been many requests from friends asking me to join Twitter but I am trying to get a hold of Facebook and then, in time, maybe I will join Twitter,” she adds.

While actors like Sanjjanaa, Sri Murali, Sammir Dattani, Nidhi Subbaiah are also hooked on to Twitter, it looks like this is one trend that is here to stay.

“Generally, the only link for an actor to get to his or her fans is through journalists. Now such sites have helped us understand what exactly people think of our work,” adds Sharmila.

No comments:

Post a Comment