Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eat Pray Love author got emotional watching Roberts in film




http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20100142179&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=hollywood
Press Trust of India
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 (Los Angeles)
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Author Elizabeth Gilbert was moved to tears after she watched Oscar-award-winning actress
portray her in the film based on her novel.

The best selling author watched the movie at a screening with her husband recently and admits it was tough to watch her own epic journey, which she wrote about for Eat Pray Love unfold on the big screen in front of her.

"I'm still all emotional about it... It's essentially like this amazing director and this great actress and this cinematographer got together and made me a home movie of my year's journey, but they photoshopped me out and replaced me with somebody with really amazing skin and 38-inch legs," Gilbert said on the Oprah Winfrey show, while appearing alongside the actress.

Roberts had travelled with her husband and kids to Italy, India and Bali to shoot for the movie, based on the memoirs of Gilbert.

The movie, a Brad Pitt production and directed by Ryan Murphy, tells her story of giving up the New York home, a comfortable life and husband when she realises that she is unhappy with life.

"I was a wreck... What I was watching encapsulated the worst and best time of my life condensed down into two hours, so I came out of it shaken, amazed, delighted, tearful. I went home, drank two bottles of wine and went to bed at eight o'clock... It was a lot to see it all unfold," Gilbert said.


Read more at: http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20100142179&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=hollywood&cp

No comments:

Post a Comment